Tactics Requests

• English Moderator

@Blacjaac90 You can have a look at this topic too if you want. https://forum.onlinesoccermanager.com/topic/43538/osm-cash/2
    It is important especially for low goal teams that need to use every way possible there is to increase their Club Funds. 😉

• Hi all

I have a title deciding game tonight away vs top of the league and I'm 3 points behind. I know he's used 433b passing game all season and y spy report says: aggressive tackling, no offside and Zonal marking.

Our teams are fairly similar, his slightly better. I'm probably going to use TC. Someone also recently beat him with 442b. Any advice on tactics to win this one? Most important game of my season now! Thanks!

• **I want to know best way to play against a 4-3-3 A with man marking and passing game, and man marking, anyone help?

• @Hespera how do I know if I should use zonal marking or man marking?

• @Supersuperb In my opinion, if you have strong teams like me and many others, I'd go for 442B with the offside trap and the man marking as it gets me wins most the time (the sliders however are confidential for me and me only!)

• This post is deleted!

• @SUPERNOVA-8 I signed a fwd yesterday, so I can play more tactics now. Anyway, I need some help with my other team.

I'm first on my league, with 76, 2nd and 3rd with 74 points and I'm playing agains the fifth, with 69 points, so I need to win this game. Also this guy is my friend, and he is going to do secret training but no campus.

My team squad value is 497M€ and AVG player value is 27,6M€. The other team is 361M€ and 21,2M€.

I'm playing home and the referee is yellow.

Is the round 36 of 42, and I only have left a match agains the the third, so if I loose today, I will probably loose my league.

• Hey guys I just wanted to ask: If both managers go on training camp, do the teams perform like it wasnt used because they both get 25% performance bonus?

• English Moderator

@Blacjaac90 said in Tactics Requests:

@SUPERNOVA-8 I signed a fwd yesterday, so I can play more tactics now. Anyway, I need some help with my other team.

I'm first on my league, with 76, 2nd and 3rd with 74 points and I'm playing agains the fifth, with 69 points, so I need to win this game. Also this guy is my friend, and he is going to do secret training but no campus.

My team squad value is 497M€ and AVG player value is 27,6M€. The other team is 361M€ and 21,2M€.

I'm playing home and the referee is yellow.

Is the round 36 of 42, and I only have left a match agains the the third, so if I loose today, I will probably loose my league.

So you're playing with all odds in favor of you.
    Home match , better players power/ value.
    Yellow Ref = Normal Tackling
    Think in general of attacking style. If your friend is not going to use a TC then you will probably win.

• English Moderator

@TrevisanLeonardo said in Tactics Requests:

Hey guys I just wanted to ask: If both managers go on training camp, do the teams perform like it wasnt used because they both get 25% performance bonus?

I wouldn't say that. Keep in mind that the manager having the Home advantage gets more chances to win.
    But if line ups for example are similar but one of them has better fitted and rested players then chances of win can be for that side.

• So I just read a lot of the replies here saying you should switch your tactics for every single game. I started playing the game back in 2013 so I remember getting an email that essentially gave you the four tactic combinations that "worked" and said that you shouldn't switch tactics too often throughout the season. Apparently this is hardly the case anymore, so could anyone give me a quick run-down of the basic tactic rules? I've been using 433B WP attack ony, push forward, attacking full-backs, zonal marking, no offside trap and then 72 pressing, 83 style and 68 tempo (and i correctly adjust the tackling each gameday) as my go-to.

• @Jonas-Bichara - In my opinion it's a bad idea to switch tactics each match day.

In my opinion, if you have strong teams like me and many others, I'd go for 442B with the offside trap and the man marking as it gets me wins most the time and the best thing is that I never changed my tactics at all since I've restarted playing this beautiful game (the sliders however are confidential for me and me only!)

• English Moderator

@Jonas-Bichara said in Tactics Requests:

So I just read a lot of the replies here saying you should switch your tactics for every single game. I started playing the game back in 2013 so I remember getting an email that essentially gave you the four tactic combinations that "worked" and said that you shouldn't switch tactics too often throughout the season. Apparently this is hardly the case anymore, so could anyone give me a quick run-down of the basic tactic rules? I've been using 433B WP attack ony, push forward, attacking full-backs, zonal marking, no offside trap and then 72 pressing, 83 style and 68 tempo (and i correctly adjust the tackling each gameday) as my go-to.

Good evening . 🙂
    I don't know why you got this idea from this topic. The truth is that every manager has his/her personal style and strategy in playing but I do not recall anyone saying **we should or must ** change tactics too often during any league.
    I don't think so. If your formation and basic tactics to go with grant you with good results on the beginning of a new league why should you change a successful recipe? 🤷‍♀️
    Your posted tactics / settings sound good to me , especially if you tend to manage powerful and high goal teams ( like G1, G3 etc )
    Maybe just be careful with your upcoming backs.
    While playing VS a manager who also chooses the 433 formation then sometimes it's safer to hold all of your Defs back.
    But when you face for example a strong midfield like in a 4231 , then you need those upcoming backs but you also need the Offside trap activated ( of course all these only if you have the strongest line up to go with the offensive 433B )

• @Orchestra21
    greetings all
    Another more Question please ..
    its away match ..
    refe : Blue
    Away match .
    Opponent St. Level 3
    he is never changed line up 4231 SOS
    i am stronger than him at all but his tactic is very strong
    i would like to beat him by 4231 what do you prefer me to do

• English Moderator

@Orchestra21 said in Tactics Requests:

@Orchestra21
    greetings all
    Another more Question please ..
    its away match ..
    refe : Blue
    Away match .
    Opponent St. Level 3
    he is never changed line up 4231 SOS
    i am stronger than him at all but his tactic is very strong
    i would like to beat him by 4231 what do you prefer me to do

Greetings from Greece ! 🙂

Only because the opponent's Pitch Level has reached 3 , even if my line up was way stronger than his , I would go with a defensive style of playing in general on this Away match.
    Blue Referee = Aggressive Tackling.

• @Blacjaac90 i have slavia prague and never lose now. My team 100m. Others 200,300,400m. Even barcelona could not win. 1-0 win in home, 1-1 draw in away. 4 match and i used 451 S.O.S all of them.
    Repeat: 40-30-75. Fw stay, mf support defense, df defense deep. Zonal mark and no offside. (home)

59,35,35. Others same. (away)

• @Orchestra21 that tactic is strong because maybe you use much pressing? You are not home buddy, you must use balanced pressing even in offensive tactics all time when you play away team.

• @SUPERNOVA-8 how do I know if I should use man marking or zonal marking?

• English Moderator

@Supersuperb
    I think not every manager agrees or thinks the same on that part. So maybe it is better to learn and decide from your own matches experience. Try to use both of them from Home and Away or in defensive and offensive settings for your matches and then notice the differences.

• @Supersuperb your defence vs other team's fws.

If your defenders better than other team's fws, man marking is good choice.

If defenders bad, to stop opposite team's 1 fw you need 1+ defenders marking. I think this is it.